Kuwait Petroleum (Belgium) N.V. ("KPB" or " we" or "us") is committed to safeguarding the privacy and the personal data gathered from website visitors, customers, dealers, suppliers and other individuals ("you") in the context of our business activities and on our websites in our function as controller.
In the policy below, we will outline:
- • What personal data we collect;
- • Which legal basis we rely on for processing your personal data;
- • For what purposes may we use your personal data;
- • With whom we may share your personal data;
- • How long we store your personal data;
- • The rights you have in relation to your personal data;
- • Where you can ask questions and make remarks.
1. What personal data do we collect?
Through this website, we will in principle not collect any information relating to you (‘personal data’), unless you voluntarily choose to provide it to us when you request an offer or when you become a customer.. If you do not want your personal data collected, please do not submit it to us.
Through this websites we may collect the following personal data:
• When you want to become a customer and you request a Q8 Liberty Card or a Q8 Electric Card for your company, we will collect the name, telephone number and e-mail address from your contact via the contact form. We will also ask a copy/ photograph of the front of the driver’s license or ID card of the manager or legal representative.
- • When you request an offer for a Q8 Liberty Card or for a Q8 Electric Card for your company, we will collect the name, telephone number and e-mail address from your contact via the contact form.
- • When you contact us by telephone or email, we will collect your name, telephone number and/or e-mail address.
- • We can also collect your IP address.
Non- personal data collected automatically
When you access our websites, we may also collect information that does not relate to you as an individual including but not limited to the type of Internet browser and computer operating system; domain name of the website from which you came; number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed. We may use this information and share it within the Kuwait Petroleum Group to measure the use of our websites and to improve their content.
2. On which legal basis do we rely for the processing of your personal data
Your personal data will be processed when:
- • You have provided us a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous consent to process your personal data.
- • We need to process your personal data for providing you with the services you ordered.
- • The processing is necessary for fulfilling our legitimate interests, in particular: the economic, commercial and financial interests, business continuity, security and confidentiality of customer information and products and the security of digital and physical infrastructure.
- • The processing is necessary to comply with legal obligations resting on KPB as a result of any legislation.
3. For what purposes do we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data for the following purposes as listed below:
- • Assisting you when you are contacting us by telephone
- We need to process your personal data to answer your questions properly
- • Providing the requesting offers and order
- In order to provide you with an offer or to ensure that we handle your order efficiently we need to process your personal data.
- • Prevention or detection of fraud
To prevent or detect fraud, we require a copy/ photograph of the front of the driver’s license or ID card of the manager or legal representative of your company to verify his/ her identity.
4. With whom may we share your personal data?
Sharing within the group
Since the Kuwait Petroleum Group of companies also operates outside the European Economic Area, the information you submit may be transferred outside the European Economic Area in exceptional cases. This and all other transfers will remain secure and under our sole control. These transfers are covered by an intra-group agreement that provides specific contractual protection to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate and consistent level of protection, regardless of where it is transferred within the Kuwait Petroleum Group and only after a case-by-case transfer analysis has been conducted.
Other third parties
- Your personal data may be shared for the above mentioned purposes, with:
- • Postal operators
- • Package services
- • Card suppliers
- • Credit insurance companies
5. Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other web sites, which are not owned, controlled or maintained by us. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies of other websites, nor for the execution of this policy, even if:
- • You accessed the third party website using links from our websites; or
- • You linked to our website from a third party website.
We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact the owner or operator of such website if you have any concerns or questions.
6. How long do we store your personal data?
Your personal information will be retained as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. This is generally for the duration of any contractual relationship or performance of a certain service and for any period thereafter as legally required or permitted by applicable law.
7. What rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
Under the data protection legislation you have, under certain conditions, the right to access your personal data as well as the right to rectify, complete and/or erase incorrect data. If you want to exercise one or more of these rights, please notify us via the following e-mail address: [email protected] We will then make a reasonable effort to take the following appropriate actions:
- • Provide you with a copy of the data that you have provided us;
- • Update any inaccuracies in the data we hold;
- • Delete any data for which we no longer have a lawful ground to process.
To facilitate our efforts to meet your request, it would be helpful if you could let us know the context in which you provided your personal data
Furthermore, where processing is based on consent and in relation to any direct marketing, you have the right to oppose to the processing of your personal data by withdrawing your consent. You can also require us to restrict the processing of personal data whilst a complaint is being investigated. You also have the right to object to any processing, including profiling, based on the legitimate interests ground, unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any disadvantage to your data protection rights. Furthermore, you can oppose to the handling of your Personal data with respect to direct-marketing and restrict the processing of personal data whilst a complaint is investigated in certain situations. Within the limits of the law you also have the right to transmit those data to another organisation (data portability).
Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of fraud). If you exercise any of these rights, we will check your claim and respond in most cases within a month.
If you are dissatisfied with our use of your data or our response to any exercise of these rights you have the right to file a complaint with your supervisory authority.
When you visit our website, we may store cookies and other automated means of data collection after you have given consent. Note that for necessary or functional cookies prior consent is not required. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on the browser of the hard drive of your computer (or similar device) by the websites that you visit. Cookies can automatically recognize you the next time you visit and they can allow us to tailor a website to better match your interests or to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it each time. If you choose not to be recognized, please refer to your Internet browser to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. For more info and details about the cookies used on this website, we refer to the cookie statement https://q8liberty.q8.be/Cookie-statement on this site.
We reserve the right to amend this policy, if necessary, for example to comply with legislative changes, regulatory changes, new practices and procedures, or requirements imposed by the supervisory authority. The most recent version is always available via this link. The date on which this text was last modified can be found at the bottom of this document. We ensure we will inform you of important policy changes.
10. Where can you ask questions and make remarks?
If you have any questions or if you like to have more information, you can send an e-mail to [email protected].
- You can also send a letter to the following address:
- Kuwait Petroleum (Belgium) N.V.
- Attn. of Data Protection Officer
- Brusselstraat 59, Bus 1
- 2018 Antwerp